|Prerequisite||Digital Storytelling Workshop|
|Length||Colorado: 4 days
California: 4.5 days
|Time||9am - 5pm Monday through Thursday|
|Location||Colorado: Stonebridge Farm, 5169 Ute Hwy, Longmont, CO 80503
California: StoryCenter, 1250 Addison Ste. #103, Berkeley, CA 94702
At StoryCenter, we believe that facilitators must possess considerable expertise across multiple content areas in order to successfully guide people through the process of creating digital stories at a high level of creative, educational, and ethical consideration. Our Digital Storytelling Facilitators’ Retreat is designed for those who are interested in acquiring foundational skills for assisting at or leading digital storytelling workshops. The Facilitator's Retreat offers personalized skills assessment and focused opportunities for participants to develop their capabilities in chosen content areas (story content, visual design, facilitation of individual and group processes, and technology teaching).
This workshop includes:
- Digital storytelling skills self-assessment
- Ethical concerns in StoryWork
- Writing and reviewing scripts for the digital storytelling genre
- Practicum in leading a Story Circle
- Approaches to audio recording and audio editing
- Approaches to visual composition and production in digital storytelling
- Instructional approaches to leading technology tutorials
- Approaches to basic graphic design, compositing, and motion graphics in digital storytelling
Who should attend:
In order to attend, you must have attended and completed a Digital Storytelling Workshop led by StoryCenter staff, or an approved alternative using StoryCenter methods and techniques. The Facilitators' Retreat is designed for educators of every stripe, community service professionals, social service and public health practitioners, artists and arts educators, and instructional designers.
Please bring your own computing device and a video editing software platform that you feel comfortable using.