|Prerequisite||Digital Storytelling Workshop|
|Length||Colorado: 4 days
California: 4.5 days
|Time||9am - 5pm Monday through Thursday|
|Location||Colorado: Stonebridge Farm, 5169 Ute Hwy, Longmont, CO 80503
California: StoryCenter, 1250 Addison Ste. #103, Berkeley, CA 94702
At StoryCenter, our core technology is listening. We take the creation of safe, supportive and creative spaces seriously, and with humility. Our Digital Storytelling Facilitators’ Intensive is designed for those interested in acquiring foundational skills for assisting or leading digital storytelling workshops. The workshop offers personalized skills assessment and focused opportunities to develop capacity in chosen content areas (story development, visual design, facilitation of individual and group processes, group management and technology teaching). We approach the workshop as a classroom within a classroom. You start with a two-day orientation. You then get the opportunity to put your skills to the test in direct support of a group of storytellers over the next two days. A final half-day is dedicated to unpacking the process, and to assist you in developing an individualized follow-up plan.
This workshop includes:
- Digital storytelling skills self-assessment
- Ethical concerns in StoryWork
- Writing and reviewing scripts for the digital storytelling genre
- Practicum in leading a Story Circle
- Approaches to audio recording and audio editing
- Approaches to visual composition and production in digital storytelling
- Instructional approaches to leading technology tutorials
- Approaches to basic graphic design, compositing, and motion graphics in digital storytelling
- Supporting storytellers through their first digital storytelling experience
Who should attend:
In order to attend, you must have attended and completed a Digital Storytelling Workshop led by StoryCenter staff, or an approved alternative using StoryCenter methods and techniques. The Facilitators' Intensive is designed for educators of every stripe, community service professionals, social service and public health practitioners, artists and arts educators, and instructional designers.
Please bring your own computing device and a video editing software platform that you feel comfortable using.