At StoryCenter, our core technology is listening. We approach the creation of safe, supportive, and creative spaces seriously, and with humility. Our Digital Storytelling Facilitators’ Intensive is designed for those interested in acquiring foundational skills for assisting or leading digital storytelling workshops. The Intensive offers personalized skills assessment and focused opportunities to develop capacity in chosen content areas (story development, visual design, facilitation of individual and group processes, and technology teaching). We approach the workshop as a classroom within a classroom. You start with a two-day orientation. You then get the opportunity to put your skills to the test in direct support of a group of storytellers over the remaining workshop. We also help you unpack the process, and to assisting you in developing an individualized follow-up plan.
The Intensive includes
- Digital Storytelling Skills Self-Assessment
- Ethical Concerns in Story Facilitation and Distribution
- Writing and Reviewing Scripts for the Digital Storytelling Genre
- Practicum in Leading a Story Circle
- Approaches to Audio Recording and Audio Editing
- Approaches to Visual Composition and Production
- Instructional Approaches to Leading Technology Tutorials
- Approaches to Basic Graphic Design, Compositing, and Motion Effects
- Supporting Storytellers Through the Digital Storytelling Experience
|Prerequisite||Digital Storytelling Workshop|
|Time||9am - 5pm daily|
|Location||Colorado: Lighthouse Writers Workshop,
1515 Race St.,
Denver, CO 80206
California: StoryCenter, 1250 Addison St Ste. #103, Berkeley, CA 94702
Who should attend
In order to attend the Intensive, you must have attended and completed a Digital Storytelling Workshop led by StoryCenter staff, or an approved alternative using StoryCenter methods and techniques. The Facilitators' Intensive is designed for educators of every stripe, community service professionals, social service and public health practitioners, artists and arts educators, and instructional designers.
Special Note: Please bring your own computing device and a video editing software platform that you feel comfortable using.